10/09/2010

Jared Leto: 'I can do whatever I want'

Jared Leto has insisted that he doesn't want to be a role model to his younger fans.

The actor and 30 Seconds To Mars frontman stated that his followers should only be inspired by the success he and bandmate brother Shannon have achieved and not by the way they behave.

"I can do whatever the f**k I want," he told Bang Showbiz. "I have no responsibility to uphold an image. I don't subscribe to the notion the artist is a role model by default.

"Look to the idea that you could be a poor white-trash kid and along with your brother put one foot in front of the other and make your dream come true. That's the lesson. It's not if I failed here and there with my life, or made mistakes. To have to keep secrets would be pointless."

Despite defending his right to a rock star lifestyle, Leto suggested that fans with siblings should draw from the brothers' drama-free relationship.

"It's not an Oasis situation, it's great! Me and my brother were just two poor, white-trash kids from Louisiana and clawed our way up the muddy banks of the Mississippi with food stamps in one hand and our instruments in the other."

Leto recently claimed to be "blown away" by the number of nominations the band received at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Source

Followers